Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quicklink 4

Just a single link for you today.  Life has been incredibly busy since my last post.  It will continue to be very busy for the next month.  But I can at least squeeze in posts like this one.  I came across this fun piece in the blog I've mentioned before.  I don't really agree with a couple of his examples as being "metal," but certainly you can imagine a heavy metal cover of any of these pieces.  In fact, you can imagine heavy metal covers to a lot of classical pieces.  Compare the opening to Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto no. 2 and Muse's Space Dementia, and you'll hear clear similarities.  Or check out Epica's album, "The Classical Conspiracy" for several cool rocked out versions of classical music.  What classical pieces would you like to hear remixed into heavy metal or sound metal to you in their own right?

No comments:

Post a Comment